Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gliffy! In a Jiffy!

1. I chose to work on gliffy.com -- it's a concept mapping website!

2. Concept mapping is organizing your thoughts into web-type designs! For a person like me who always has lists of things going on in their mind this tool is amazing! You can make different diagrams with this website, I chose to make a simple web diagram! It's SO easy!

3. This website is very user friendly! I signed up in less than a minute and before I knew it my entire web was done! All that was left was to make it visually appealing! I just clicked around the site looking for icons that looked familiar, and then I realized that they were all familiar icons -- which always makes things easier! I really think this will be a useful tool for me throughout my teaching career because I alway make lists in my head, and I think this will help me organize my thoughts! Perhaps even for lesson planning in the future!

4. http://www.gliffy.com/publish/1547934/ --- here it is!

5. I found out after clicking around that if you change the colors BEFORE you choose a shape it saves a lot of time because you don't have to do it to EACH shape! I found out also that you can do floorplans on this website! SO COOL! You can also download your own pictures to use in your diagram.

11 comments:

Tim Kegley said...

Great job on gliffy.com technology. It would have been nice if it were hyperlinked but I was able to take a look anyway. Nice job this semester...take care.

tim

lmetcalfe1025 said...

Looks great!! Good Job

Mrs. H. S. said...

I really like this website too. It was so easy like you said! You did a great job!

Heather

Andrea said...

I love what you have done with this. I never knew that this was out there for use! I think that it will be great in the classroom and in everyday use! Great job!

Ashley Michelle Schmoll said...

Kathleen,

I thought your Christmas list web looked really creative and organized! You did a good job!

Dawnie said...

Good Idea! This will be really helpful for me too. It will help in prioritizing.

Amber Beth said...

Good job with this assignment, much like you I need a list or something of the sort so that I keep up with all of the things that i need to do. Nice work!

Amanda Bradley said...

I used Gliffy too. I even did the Christmas List Idea too. I thought you did a wonderful job. Nice color scheme. =)

Melissa Knorr said...

this looks really cool. I might have to use it when I write my next paper.

Kaitlyn Elkins said...

This is very cute. I like it a lot. I would be very useful in a classroom

Christina Tucker said...

Great job! I was going to do the same thing but decided otherwise and now I know how easy it is to use! Thanks for the tips :)