Thursday, October 16, 2008

Podcast? -- Emerging Technology 1

I am not sure if I did this assignment correctly, but you guys can tell me! Please!

I don't know where to upload my .mp3 file, but I guess she said to stay tuned.

Anyway-- I will answer the questions now.


1. I explored Podcasting
2. Podcasting is a type of technology that allows users to record their voice and share it online with others. Audacity is a program that records the voice, and lame is a program that translates that Audacity file into a .mp3 file that can be listened to in a media player.
3. I learned how to use the technology by messing around with it. I didn't find it to be very user friendly, and I thought that Audacity was very boring. The colors seemed very plain and it was not very interactive. For a first time user it is not a quick-to-learn type program like I am use to. However, after messing around with it I found it to be a simple program.
4. I will show how I used it when I know where to post my work
5. I don't have many tips for anyone being that I am still a new user, but I would say that going through the tutorial that our professor provided us proved to be very helpful for me! So, try it out!


Other than that, it was fun. But I am still at a loss for what we were suppose to actually record on Audacity so I just recorded myself reading a children's book. Also, I was wondering why this type of technology would be useful in a classroom setting.

8 comments:

Sara Justus said...

I thought it wasn't very user-friendly as well. I posted my assignment in the "podcast" link on the left of oncourse.

lmetcalfe1025 said...

I liked listening to your story. Good job

Dawnie said...

Kathleen, I thought your podcast was good. I think this would be useful in a classroom. This is great for a student who is having a difficult time reading a book. They could listen to your podcast and follow along in the book. I thought it was a great idea.

DeechyWeechy said...

I understand your frustration with the podcast! It took me quite a while to figure out how to post a podcast! But if there is anything else you need help on let me know! You can message me through oncourse, if you have a question! I would love to help if i can!

Chelsea said...

I have used audacity as well in my own time for music recording and as long as you use your help bars when you run into a snag you should be ok. Basically the easiest way to use this program is just a push button and record kind of thing.

Andrea said...

What a great post and podcast. I enjoyed it!

Amber Beth said...

nice work on your podcast. It would be very resourful in the classroom setting!

Tim Kegley said...

Great job on the podcasting...Tim